If you've been in a drive event before then you should be familiar of these rules that the officials set to ensure that the drivers, passengers, and spectators are
safe. If you haven't been in any drift events then you should go through these rules and read them briefly so you know what to expect.
- All drivers must register their vehicles prior to drifting. At Vehicle Sign In you'll be charged according to the event and given instructions on where to pit your vehicle.
- All first time drifters must notify the attendant at vehicle sign in to receive a track orientation.
- All drivers must be registered to drive. Once registered, drivers may share vehicles amongst other registered drivers, but may not allow non-registered persons to drive.
- Drivers must be wearing long pants, covered shoes, a shirt that covers the shoulders (no tank tops), and a racing helmet. Racing suits are strongly encouraged. Helmets must remain on and strapped as long as your vehicle in on the track.
- Only one passenger, other than the driver, is allowed (per vehicle) while drifting.
- Passengers must board or exit their host’s vehicle prior to entering the track itself.
- Passengers must sit in the front seat of the vehicle and wear proper safety restraints at all times.
- Drivers are responsible for making sure that each passenger follows appropriate rules and regulations.
- Drivers must be wearing long pants, covered shoes, a shirt that covers the shoulders (no tank tops), and a racing helmet. Racing suits are strongly encouraged. Helmets must remain on and strapped as long as a vehicle in on the track.
- All body parts must remain within the vehicle compartment while on track.
- All drivers and spectators must park their vehicles in the designated parking area.
- All drivers and spectators must remain behind the safety barriers at all times. On the Road Course, no spectator may get closer than 100 feet from the roadway, excluding the Main Gate and Pit Area. Safety barriers are not always set up so use your judgment when choosing an area to watch the events.
- Spectators at Long Course Turn 1 may not go past the starting line for the course. All spectators must also remain on the lower straightaway at all times.
General Track Safety
- Road Speed is 10 mph in all areas of the track, unless you are an active driver on the track.
- With the exception of the center road and parking area, all drivers must follow a counter clockwise direction on the track (unless the track is reversed for the day).
3. Vehicles must not leave the roadway during a drift run.
4. If your vehicle leaves the road (during a drift run) reduce speed immediately and return to the road at low speed, so you do not kick up dirt and rocks (onto the road or into your car's paint).
5. All drivers and passengers must be wearing safety restraints while proceeding on a drift run.
6. Drivers must wait in a single file line (in their vehicles) in the staging lanes prior to entering a course.
8. No trucks, vans, or SUVs are allowed to drift without approval. Any soft-top convertables must have adequate rollover protection. The Drift Session reserves the right to refuse track use to any vehicle deemed unsafe for participation.
9. All passengers must be at least 14 years old.